Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas in CC Part Three

On Christmas morning (after stockings) mom started cooking (in her beautiful apron sent by Jessi from Africa) and we began waiting on my Mom's side of the family to arrive from San Antonio.
They arrived with arms full of gifts. This is the side of the family with whom we were supposed to do a small gift exchange game. Obviously they didn't follow the rules :-)
Right before our Christmas meal I tried to catch a picture of my parents with the kids. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get my parents and kids to look at the camera at the same time.Landry continued her obsessive care of Maverick. She insisted on feeding him every time someone left a bottle in her reach.Then she insisted on holding him. He loved it.
We enjoyed lounging and chatting with everyone.We also spent some more time skyping with Jessica.
Finally the very deprived children were allowed to open more presents.
I promise that our time in Corpus did not completely revolve around gifts, but that seems to be when I would remember to grab the camera. We enjoyed a relaxing time of celebration with our family and were even able to crash a Christmas party and see many old friends.
We talked alot about Christmas being Jesus' birthday party and this was the first year that I think William really started to get it.
We are very grateful and very blessed.

0 comments:

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order