Brothers and sisters fight, right?
Landry and William are three years apart, so for the most part, William is pretty protective of her and kind, but he tends to pester (i.e. chasing her around the house growling like a lion). I knew that eventually Landry would learn to retaliate. I kept expecting her to swat him one day, but William doesn't hit, so she hasn't really learned that behavior, or so I thought. Apparently hitting eventually comes naturally. Yesterday in the bathtub as her brother was hoarding the good bath toys, she reached over and smacked his head. William and I were both so shocked that we just stared at her. Eventually I snapped back in to mommy mode and told her, "No, no, we don't hit," which didn't phase her in the least.
This morning I saw the competition side of things. Landry was sitting in bed leaning against Chad's pillow (he was already up and showering) and watching Cat in the Hat Knows Alot About That (cute new show). William woke up and was coming down the hall. Landry smiled at him and said, "I [hi] Bubba." Then she realized that he was coming to climb in bed and she jumped up and darted across the bed to lean right against me so that he couldn't. Of course he was upset that she took the only spot next to me. I ended up in the middle of the bed (no pillows) flat on my back with both kids smashed against my face in an attempt to be closer than the other. I really didn't expect to enter this phase until Landry was older.
Can you imagine what it will be like when we add another sweet sister to this scenario!?!
Now on to some journally stuff that I just need to get written down.....
15 month old news: Landry weighs 27lbs and counting. Last night Chad was working a night group session so I gave the kids pizza and fruit for dinner. I put all there food together on one tray and I was letting them eat at a small kid table. William got two slices down (I had it cut in to about 6 small slices) before we realized that Landry had finished the rest. This girl can eat. She didn't stop there. She then went on to eat far more strawberries, peaches, and cucumbers than her brother.
She is now saying...Mama, Dada, Bubba, Hot, Poo Poo (she tells us before she goes, and yes, I know that some people would potty train at that point, but no thank you, she is way too young), bye, hi, more, milk, eat, and woof woof along with many other less understandable words. I think he pacifier is 'me' or 'me me.' She understands EVERYTHING! Her comprehension is amazing. She loves to help and will follow directions to throw away trash, pick up toys, and go find things when I send her.
Landry loves books. She will disappear and we will find her sitting next to her crib on pillows reading. She also likes to draw on the magnadoodle and make animal sounds with brother and all his animal toys







0 comments:
Post a Comment