Obviously we have some catching up to do.
A few weeks ago we got to go see our friends the Massey's at their new home in Cedar Park. Cara and Brian were great hosts who fed us and let our kids trash their game rooms and explore all of Owen's toys for a whole day.

William and Owen (Owen has a new brother named Hudson who I didn't take a picture of, but he is PRECIOUS).

After visiting with the
Massey family, we went and stayed with Chad's cousin Lora and her husband Mat. Somehow I didn't take any pictures on that visit, but it was so much fun getting to see little Levi start to walk.
+++++++
The following weekend we went to lunch at Chad's mom's house to celebrate Julie's birthday. The boys had a blast playing together and we enjoyed good food and good company. Somehow I didn't take any pictures there either (I am getting really bad about that).
After lunch and some time at the park, we cleaned William up and loaded up the car for our big adventure. William knew he was getting dressed for something, but he had no idea what. His big guess was that we were taking him to a "rock and roll show." Not quite what we had in mind for our four year old.
Instead we
surprised him with these tickets.

I have always wanted to take Will to a live show, but nothing has ever come to town that he was very interested in or the right age for until Curious George Live! He loves the cartoons, so we thought this was the perfect show to try out.

It was a great show. There was room for a couple thousand and there were maybe 400 to 500 people there and most of them were in the super expensive seats. We bought the cheapest tickets available (and used an online coupon code) so we were on the second level. I am pretty convinced that we had a much better view than the poor folks on the floor beneath the stage in their $$$ seats. We moved to a better section (because it was completely empty) and enjoyed having an entire area to ourselves.

William and Landry both loved it. I think Landry would have been bored if it wasn't a musical, but all of the songs held her complete attention.

Will and George

Yesterday we painted pumpkins. William wanted to carve them, but I'm not ready for rotten pumpkins yet, so we started with paint. I realized why we don't paint as much now that Landry is older. She got paint EVERYWHERE! She walked in it, covered my legs and arms in it, and tried to eat it. Fortunately I only buy washable paint, so it was really no big deal, but it may be a while before we attempt another art project.

I try to bathe them before church on Wednesday nights anyway, so this actually worked out. They spent a good while playing in the bath and then were pretty paint free when it came to scrubbing time.

This weekend we are going to spend time with my sister Jessica before she leaves for 6 months of mission work in Africa. Please keep her in your prayers!
0 comments:
Post a Comment