Monday, October 11, 2010

Jessica Leaves for Africa

Today my baby sister Jessica will board a plane for Nairobi, Africa. She will land in Nairobi tomorrow around noon our time (8pm there). From the airport she will be taken to a community about an hour away called Kamulu which is the location of Made in the Streets. Once at Made in the Streets, she will meet up with the only other American girl that will be there at the same time as her (fortunately they had time to meet and get to know one another before she left). Jessica says that she will come home in about 6 months, but I won't feel better until she buys that return ticket.
I think missionaries are amazing and wonderful people who do great things. I still want my baby sister to come home in 6 months and not stay longer (although I am sure that this will only be the first of many trips).
This weekend we all trekked to College Station to smother Jessica in family before her departure. Here are some of the pics.....
Randy, Grandma, Jessica, Grandpa, Diana
Sassy Landry Dad, Jason, Jessica, Grandma, Grandpa, Erica, Giant Haley, Mom
and Landry who thought she belonged in every pictureWilliam and Landry
Have to attempt the family pic when everyone is in church clothes...it is required.
(On a side note, I had no idea how huge I was until I uploaded these pictures last night, I am still processing the fact that I look like this at 25wks)Our family and the twins (Erica and Jessica) we took a picture with my brother Jason too, but apparently that caused everyone to close their eyes and I couldn't really use it.Jessica tried to pack Landry and Will in her carry-on
One more attempt at a family photo, except Ryan was gone :-(
Cousins
Maverick, William, and Landry

1 comments:

Kentsten said...

Praying for your sister!! Landry and William are adorable and I want to squeeze them both. Will you be in CC anytime over the Thanksgiving holiday?

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order