Thursday, October 14, 2010

Field Trip

Today the two oldest classes at Children's Day Out went on a field trip to the fire station.
Chad had a slow morning, so I talked him in to staying home with Landry and letting me go along. I know it drives him insane to stay home when he feels like he should be at work, but it was so nice to tag along and actually feel helpful (and Chad works 'til 8:30, so he put his time in). It also allowed me to take pics.
The kids got to try on the gear and
carry the hose out to the lawn
William and Aaron lifting the hose with water inside.The firemen just shot the water in the street and had to stop every time a car came by. I thought that was funny.
Then they let the kids all over their truck.After the outside tour, we got to go inside and see where they sleep, eat, and watch t.v. They even had the operator call in a test emergency so we could hear the alarm. These were some laid back firemen. They let the kids touch, climb, and try everything. As we loaded our vans, they were called on a real emergency and we watched the firetruck speed away.

1 comments:

Scott & Shelby Peschel said...

great pics! I have a "action" shot of will & Aaron I'll send ya! It was fun morning!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order