Thursday, June 3, 2010

Big News!

Thought I was pregnant, didn't ya?

Chad has made a career move. THE move. The pivotal move that all this moving, schooling, hours of therapy, and working at rehab has been towards. He is going out on his own with two other therapists. As I write this, they are signing a lease on their new office on Medical Dr. in San Antonio. The contract they are signing says the building will be ready for them by June 10 and then they have some finish out before they will be ready to open, but it is all so close! They are opening Creekview Counseling and will be running a program called Quest that will consist of aftercare programs for adolescent females and males (separately). This will be the place kids go to continue care after returning from rehab, or they will go there instead of rehab. It will be nightly group therapy (both by themselves and with their parents) and once a week private counseling sessions. Within a few months, they hope to be making enough to rent the next office next door and begin an aftercare program for adults. They will also be seeing clients privately for everything else....marriage, family, depression, anxiety disorders, etc. If you know someone in need of therapy, send them their way. This is huge and your prayers would be GREATLY appreciated as we make this leap.

Chad's last day at Starlite was Friday, but in an ironic twist, he has secured the contract to replace himself purely doing case management (therapy) for the boys and has already returned to work. This is a temporary contract, but will be very helpful as we transition.

I am on the hunt for a rent house in San Antonio and then we will put our house on the market (my goal is to never live in a home while it is on the market and being shown - we all know I am not that neat). William is enrolled in mother's day out in San Antonio next year, so we are planning on moving this summer. The sooner the better, I would like to be hands on in getting Chad's office up and running and that is tough from an hour away, not to mention Chad's yucky commute.

By the way, I am pregnant. Shocked? Us too. We just figured it out a week ago. I thought I had a stomach bug that wouldn't leave. To answer the first question that is popping in your head...they will be 18 months apart. Yikes!

P.S. to all our dear family and friends who are finding this information out on our blog, don't be offended, you are all finding it out this way. We thought it would be a fun little test of who reads the blog and a reward, because you are the first to find out! Please leave a comment, email or call so that we know you know!

10 comments:

Lora said...

OH MY GOODNESS! YAY YAY YAY!! We're so excited for you guys and all the changes going on in your life. We'll be praying for all of the transitions and for a healthy pregnancy and baby. :)

Katie said...

Congratulations to both of you on all of your big news!!!!!! What an adventure. :)

Jenn said...

hahaha!! LOVE IT!! well, CONGRATULATIONS on everything!! We will certainly miss you around here!!
BTW....I DO TRAVEL!! :)

Amy B. said...

Okay, so I read your blog via google reader so I never comment - it takes too much time. =)
Second, I rarely read posts from anyone unless they include cute pictures (just being honest here) but today I started reading and wanted to find out about Chad's new job. I'm sure glad I read the whole post!!!

So happy for you guys - both for the career move and the new baby. So exciting!! Keep us posted.

karen said...

A lot going on in the Warner household!!! Love you all.

maryannarreguin said...

We are so excited!! Just getting to a computer after the last 24 hours in Austin!!

Wes said...

Very exciting! Praying for you guys, tell Chad hello for me, we'll have to catch up soon...

Jeannie said...

Congratulations! Prayers are with you all as you begin the next adventure in your life!

Anna said...

Congrats, Haley and Chad on the big move and the baby news!

Jim said...

Haley,

We are so happy for you guys, for Chad's new opportunity and for your new addition to your family! Exciting times.

Jim

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order