Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter 2010

I have been putting off doing this post because I was having a really, really hard time narrowing down the 657 pictures I took at Easter weekend. In the end, I just picked a few of my kiddos that I thought helped summarize the weekend.
Easter was a BIG deal when I was a kid. We would load up and drive all the way to Irving, Texas for a massive egg hunt with cousins and second cousins on my dad's side of the family. It was the holiday that we all got together. Now that we are older and have created our own batch of second cousins, we thought it was time to make this event happen again. I convinced my parents that their lake house was the perfect spot and through the magic that is facebook, I was able to contact everyone and give them plenty of warning for getting together.
This is the group that we had a blast playing with all weekend. These are all of my siblings, cousins (minus Matt & fam) and all their offspring and spouses plus my parents, my aunt, and two uncles.
We spent the weekend boating and jet skiing. William drives the jet ski a million miles an hour and Chad has to hold on for dear life to keep him going in the right direction.
Nothing says Happy Easter like dish-soap-slip-and-sliding on a tarp (or does that say,'hillbilly')!
Many an adventure was had on the kayaks and paddle boat.
William spent about 90% of his time just swimming in the lake. In fact, when we first got there I took him and cuz Truman down to see the water and before I could say anything William walked straight into the lake fully clothed.
This was Egg Hunt#1 and it took place at the lake house.
Landry had her very own stash of baby snack filled eggs.
Egg Hunt #2 was up at the church. The Easter Bunny showed up for this hunt.
On Sunday morning the kids woke up to see what the Easter Bunny had left for them.
Then we went to church and all the grandkids wore their matching outfits that Na Na and Ba Pa bought them.

0 comments:

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order