Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dinos at The Witte

Yesterday we took our Dino-Lovin' son to see the new exhibit at the Witte Museum in San Antonio. William was SO excited.
We walked in, got our bracelets and entered the special exhibit. A T-Rex reared up and roared. William screamed, ran for the door and started yelling for us all to follow. Our poor child was legitimately afraid that this big toy was about to eat all of us.
That was the end of our visit with the dinosaurs. In that moment, as our son cowered at the exit, I think Chad and I were both thinking:
A) poor thing, he is terrified
B) thank goodness it is free tuesday at the Witte, if we had paid we would be mad
C) praise the Lord that we didn't throw down the $80 that we had talked about spending when the big dino show came to the AT&T center.
Landry didn't mind the dinosaurs one bit.
William calmed down enough for a little break dancing by the time we were at the children's exhibit.
William and Landry both did a weather report in front of the green screen in the Vipir 5 Weather Center.
As I get older, my fear of heights grows and grows. I was standing on a third story overlook with everyone when Chad pointed out the river below. I took this picture and then started hyperventilating. These metal things were just sitting up there. I thought I might throw up. I understood William's dino fears.When it was time to leave, we ran into another issue. To exit the Witte, you must pass a large Triceratops. William was having none of that. This is when our true personalities come out. I am a 'rip the band-aid off" person. Had Chad not been there, we would have simply walked out while William cried. Chad is kind and gentle and took William all the way around the building on the outside so that he would only have to briefly pass the big dino and then he held him to his chest and walked quickly to the front door. That is why we make a good team.
William was so traumatized that he hopped on the elephant for another picture as we left.
Then he hid by his father as we tried to visit the T-Rex out front.
Landry was just happy to finally have a snack. She doesn't like these 'no food allowed' places.

2 comments:

Scott & Shelby Peschel said...

Good to know! We've been wondering how Aaron would do with the dino exhibit...

Grace said...

Hahaahah this post is so funny! I don't like no food allowed places either, Landry.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order