Friday, March 26, 2010

Bargains

I'm addicted to bargains.
I will trudge through the racks at Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Off Rack with two kids in tow and often not buy a thing, but I have to check and see if there are any amazing deals to be had.
I don't pay full price for ANYTHING (except for gifts and groceries when I can't find a coupon or sale).
I buy clothes at the end of a season for the following year (for my kids).
I have bought a pair of shoes for William a full two years before he fit in them, because they were 80% off and awesome.
Landry has clothes all the way up to 3T....some hand-me-downs and some bargains.
I love internet shopping, especially for big items. Carseats, strollers, high chairs, electronics, toys, etc. I can always find them cheaper and with free shipping online.
My latest obsession is deal-a-day sights. Have you seen these? They sell one majorly discounted item a day until they run out. The good ones will run out within thirty minutes of being posted. There are also sights that will do one deal at a time for twenty minutes a piece, or one deal after another. You can google deal a day and find sights. There are sights for every area of interest. I follow the baby sights.
Usually I think that shipping is too high to actual buy from the sights, but I love checking to see what they have every day and every now and then they will do free shipping, or if there is a big ticket item that you have been looking for then shipping will make sense. It is only a good deal if it is something you were already going to buy, but most of the thrill in in looking :-)
My other latest find is Gilt Groupe which has stuff for Men, Women, Home, and Kids. You have to be invited to join this group...So Click Here (This is your official invite)...if you want to join. I already bought a Christmas present for LB on this sight. Nothing like shopping early!
Zulily is another invitation only sight...click here for your invite.
It is also fun to follow blogs on bargains like http://www.babycheapskate.com/ ,
http://www.fivedollardinners.com/ or http://www.luvabargain.com/. There are millions of them, but these blogs will also clue you in when accidental sales happen. A few weeks ago CVS accidentally put their giant packages of wipes refills on sale at the same price as the small containers were on sale for. I went in and bought enough wipes to last us for a LONG time for under $20 and I'm glad I did, because CVS caught the problem and changed it within a day or two.
Anyways, this is probably one of those posts that no one cares about, but if you ever need a baby gift, or get bored and want to look around now you have all the sights in one place. I usually check them around 1p.m. as I rock Landry before her nap and it is sometimes too late by then if I had wanted to buy something, so if you are truly looking to shop, then find out what time the sight updates and check it then.
HAPPY FRIDAY!
this pic is for my smart-aleck sister (see comments)

3 comments:

jessi said...

you should atleast put up a pic of landry at the end if i have to suffer through that whole post.

Lora said...

I am glad you posted that stuff. I also like to look- even if I don't buy. I need to get better about shopping ahead for Christmas/birthdays.

Did you see the post I did about the photo book? I can't wait to see mine! :)

AND...that picture is precious!

jessi said...

thankyou! that one's my backdrop on my desk top

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order