Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lost Friends

The other day we went to the park and William brought two of his favorite friends, Aslan the Lion (from Chronicles of Narnia) and Rudy the Dinosaur (from Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs). In truth, Aslan is a wooden Lion Christmas ornament that I bought when I was pregnant (with William) at Macy's or Nordstrom. Rudy came from a McDonald's Happy Meal. Here is the problem...the toys are now lost! We are pretty sure they fell out of the stroller basket the next day when I took it out in a parking lot. William hasn't stopped talking about Aslan. I think he could move on without Rudy, but losing Aslan is very upsetting to him.
I have spent all morning scouring the internet for that darn Christmas ornament. Rudy is pretty easy to find on ebay, but the Lion is no where. We found an actual Aslan figurine that the Easter Bunny may have to bring to William, but he really wants his old Aslan back.
So, if you happen to own a wooden Lion ornament that looks like the one pictured above...let me know...I'll buy it. I found some close copies on ebay, but they were rare antique german carvings and were selling for $500...YIKES!

0 comments:

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order