Monday, February 8, 2010

Seven Months Old

Miss Landry Beth is Seven Months Old Today!!
This past month has flown by.
Landry weighs 20 pounds
(we know because she had to go to the doc on Saturday for an ear infection).
She has started scooting and army crawling - kinda - it is too soon to call anything official mobility, but if she wants something and it is across the room, she will get it. Sometimes we don't even notice how she gets there, but suddenly she will be eating a magazine that was five feet from her.
She is still eating everything in sight, but she has slowed down on baby food and now prefers to feed her self small pieces of whatever we are eating or of her own food, the important part is that she now seems to prefer pieces to purees ( I still give her purees). She LOVES yogurt and will decide she is finished with a meal and keep her mouth closed until she sees me go to the fridge and come back with a cup of yogurt. Suddenly her entire mood changes and she is starving again. If I sneak meat or veggies in between bites of yogurt she will gag, choke, cough, and spit it out (her older brother has this same habit, even at three). We are working on the signs for "more, all done, and hot." She seems to be catching on to the sign for more, but the others are still obscure notions.
Landry is full of personality and opinions. She is getting very irritated with her brother and his constant desire to squeeze her. I really think he just loves her so much that he wants to hug her and show her, but she is having nothing to do with it lately. Now she will cry if he even gets in hugging position. Luckily she still finds him hilarious and entertaining and will watch him, play with him, and let him read to her.I think Landry and William's favorite time of day is bath time. They will play together in the tub for a good thirty minutes every night. William taught Landry to splash and now she is unstoppable. She will splash so long that even William starts to get tired of it. I need to get a clear shower curtain so I can protect myself and still watch them.
I love that my children love water. I also love thirty minutes of sitting in the bathroom and reading a magazine in the evenings. Haha, that is funny because they actually still make me pay attention to them the entire time. Landry looks up and yells for attention and then smiles as soon as I start watching her and William makes me tell shark stories and pretend to be a dinosaur, but I usually hold a magazine in anticipation of a possible break.
HAPPY SEVEN MONTHS OLD LANDRY BETH!

3 comments:

Lora said...

I can't believe she's 7 months old! I love the bath time pictures.

Grace said...

aw that last picture is so cute!

Jenn said...

TIME is flying....she is so precious

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order