Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our Newest Nephew


Our Part of the Story.....
Last Tuesday my little sister Erica went in for an o.b. appointment and they made the call that she was so close to going in to labor that they would break her water the following day at noon. Erica called and I began packing. I couldn't decide if I should leave that afternoon or the following morning. Luckily I made the decision to leave quickly and called and convinced Chad to leave work early and come home to help me load the car and see us off. I got both kids and all the gear that goes with those kids in the car and hit the road by four. About thirty minutes in to my drive Erica called to say I should come now. We made great time and got to Erica's house just in time to watch her have about an hour of really strong contractions. We made the call that she should head to the hospital. I took William to my other sister Jessica's house where her roommate graciously stayed with William while he slept. We snuck Landry into the hospital (not too smoothly, but the hospital was pretty empty and they let us slide). Around midnight my dad, Jessica, and I decided to go home and catch a few hours sleep. The only problem was that my keys were missing. After searching the diaper bag, stroller, everyone's pockets, the hospital room, the courtyard that we had run through, and the parking garage, we made one last ditch effort and went in to the e.r. to ask if anyone had turned in some keys. Imagine walking into an e.r. in downtown Bryan, Texas at 1a.m. - there were some rough people in there. At the desk the cop that was standing near the receptionist said, "Warner? Kerrville?" when we asked if anyone had turned in some keys. Those sweet security guards (off duty cops) had tracked down all my info and were searching the hospital to see if there was a patient with the last name Warner after a kind woman turned in my keys (that I had dropped in the courtyard). We got home at about 1:30 and were able to catch a few hours sleep before my mom called at 4:45 and said to come back to the hospital. We left Landry with her Ba Pa and Jessica and I raced up to the hospital. We were able to be in the room when Maverick arrived at 5:42 a.m. after about 20 minutes of pushing. Erica did awesome and was such a trooper. Maverick came out pink and screaming. It was amazing to be there for his birth. We spent the rest of the week cuddling sweet Maverick and spending time with the family. Maverick is a great baby. He sleeps, eats and poops like a champ.

CONGRATULATIONS ERICA AND RYAN!!

2 comments:

jessi said...

aww william looks so sweet holding him. that first pic of maverick looks really good too.

Lora said...

He's such a cutie! Glad that he and momma are doing well.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order