This is an old post that I never got around to adding pictures to - today I am trying to catch up. I think it was written around the 20th.....
In the past few weeks we have had some very special visitors and had a few adventures. My sister Jessica and her friend Grace came to town last week. Grace went to work at Medina Children's home while Jessi stayed with me for a few days. I LOVED having an extra set of hands and some company during the day.

On Saturday our best friend from college, Kelly, came to town. We always love our time with Kelly. She is hilarious, random, and super fun. William loves making Kelly read books and Landry even reached for Kelly from my arms on numerous occasions (Landry rarely leaves her Mama for someone else). On Monday (when Chad had to go back to work) Kelly and I took the kiddos to the zoo. It was the perfect day for the zoo. The weather was great, the crowds were light and the animals were pretty active. 


Now for a random side story...
While we were at the zoo feeding the Lory's some nectar I saw a little boy that was riding in a carrier on his mom's back reach over and grab the Lory food and finish off the cup. It was one of those moments where you think...'should I tell that mom that her kid is licking all over a cup of nectar that birds have already worked on or should I butt out?' Judging by her tie-dye shirt and lack of undergarments, I figured she didn't care what her kid was licking, she seemed laid back. I thought it was hilarious. Later I passed this same woman and she smiled at me, pumped her fist in the air and said, "Babywearers UNITE!" I know that there is a movement in babywearing and that some people feel really strongly about it, but this was a first for me. I tend to fall middle of the road on alot of things and babywearing is one of them. I am not a fan of carrier carseats - don't own one - but I can see the use and understand when a kid is sleeping, they can come in really handy. I also own and use strollers, but suddenly I felt like I had to hide the stroller from this woman. Needless to say, this one hippy Mama provided some entertainment for the day. 







0 comments:
Post a Comment