Sunday, January 24, 2010

my life

Lately I feel like my life revolves around keeping my children fed. William can be mildly picky. Today we tricked him in to eating clams, but that is only because they were fried and we called them baby chicken until the end of the meal when we filled him in on the secret. He didn't find it funny.
Landry is most certainly not picky. She eats and eats and eats. She eats whole [cooked] green beans, leaves, yogurt, crackers, paper, cereal, rice, napkins and all kinds of baby purees. I am amazed by her ability to pick things up and eat them. She is fast. You do not want to let her near your plate.
Every morning she eats an entire normal sized yogurt mixed with some fruit puree and bran baby cereal and then sometimes she follows that with half a cup of applesauce.

I have slowly been making her baby food and freezing it. I am trying to do one or two new things every few days and slowly phase out having to buy baby food jars. I always keep a few around for emergencies, traveling and because I don't like messing with meat purees on my own, but otherwise we are getting a pretty good stock of frozen foods built up. I like making my own because I know what is in there, I want her to eat organic, I can make it thicker and chunkier, and it is super cheap.
These are blueberry flaxseed cubes and the mush in the background is legumes.

When I am not making food or convincing William to eat what is on his plate, I am juggling two kids at once. Both kids want my undivided attention. Landry's newest charming trick is to scream when I hold William. William and I made a game out of it the first day we figured it out. She was sitting across from me on the floor playing with toys while I was folding laundry. William kept coming in and sitting in my lap to talk to me. It took us a few times to notice that she was yelling every time he sat down, so he kept coming in and sitting in my lap over and over. She was pretty mad at us. I am amazed by how much personality one tiny little six month old can have.
If I am sitting down to take a "break," it usually looks like this.

To top it all off, I also feed an adult who will actually pick every vegetable out of a casserole.
Want proof?
Here is his finished plate the other day.

Do you know how much time it must take to pick every stinkin' pea and carrot out of a casserole.
William's pickiness is the least of my problems.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

momma cyndy said...

I hope you are not referring to my perfect Chad, now, are you??

Aunt Debby said...

all those pictures were great, love the one with all three of you, but that last one just cracked me up, that must have taken him an hour to eat.

jason said...

i like how Landry looks in that picture with you and will and landry, shes just chillin out.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order