Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa

William was afraid of Santa two years ago.
William was run-away-screaming-in-terror of Santa last year.
William was unsure about Santa this year.
Then he watched Narnia (we edited the violent scenes out). Narnia has Santa in it. He gives the children their weapons as gifts. During the movie William looked over and said, "I think Santa is a good guy, I guess I will take a picture with him."
He asked over and over to go see him. He talked about it all morning. He rehearsed how he was going to tell him that he wanted the giant dinosaur robot over and over. He excitedly ran through North Star mall as we searched for Santa (that ended up being as far from where I parked as possible). He played and jumped around in pure giddiness while we waited in the very short line. Then he climbed in Santa's lap and did this. The whole time. He didn't say a word to the poor guy. This was an especially chatty and friendly Santa, but William did not give in to his charm.

Landry was a good sport. She won Santa's heart. She gazed at him while he talked to her and stroked his beard. He wouldn't even hand her back to me as the line behind us grew.
I had to buy the picture because
A. William has a picture with Santa in his baby book so I want one for Landry's
B. It is more than a little funny
C. It came with a $10 gift card to shutterfly so it was almost free
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Aunt Debby said...

it's still just darling of them both!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order