Monday, October 5, 2009

no title

I couldn't think of a title.
My creativity disappears with exhaustion.

I'm tired.
No good reason, Landry slept from 10 to 8 last night, but I'm still tired.
In other news...
I try to do a project with William everyday after his nap. One of our favorite activities is baking, but sometimes he helps me make dinner, or we make play dough, paint, or just build sand castles.
Today we made our first attempt at cinnamon rolls from scratch. William has gotten great at following directions and pouring / measuring. I made the dough while he was sleeping then he was the sugar/cin/butter spreader. He did a great job. I didn't do as good of a job at cutting them. They are finishing rising right now. I think they will turn out ugly but yummy!





Oh, I almost forgot the really big and important news...

Chad is now the lead counselor for the adolescent program at his rehab center and is hoping for another promotion to director of the adolescent program around Christmas time. I am so proud of him and the work he does. He is great with that age group and I know he will do a wonderful job. Keep him in your prayers as he transitions over to that department.

Here is an awkward pic of Landry from today (tilt your head and enjoy)...

Have a great week!!

3 comments:

Jim said...

The rolls look delicious. Here's a hint for cutting them. Use unflavored dental floss. Slide the floss under them, bring it to the top and cross the ends, then pull them together. It'll cut them very cleanly without mashing them!

Julia said...

Congratulations, Chad!! Those cinnamon rolls do look delicious! What a fun project for you and William to do together!

jessica said...

mmmmm...you can come make me some cinnamon rolls

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order