When William does something, he does it big. He isn't a tantrum thrower, but I am pretty sure that they would be awful if he did. Today when I dropped him off at school he decided he didn't want to stay (usually he walks away from me without looking back). He screamed that he wanted to go home and took off running towards the front door. I am pretty sure that he wouldn't have stopped until he got home (we walk to school, so he knows the route). Luckily the director had Landry at the front desk greeting everyone and my hands were free to chase and tackle my son. Okay, so I didn't actually tackle him, but it sounded much more dramatic. His teacher got him from me and carried him into the room where I am sure he immediately recovered.
**UPDATE** I should point out that we returned from a trip at 11:30 last night and that might have played into the melt down. The teacher said that he recovered immediately in the room because one of the other boys asked what was wrong with William and he was embarassed.
LB is sickly. She has been battling a cold for over a week now. It is awful when her nose gets too stopped up. She has a hard time nursing without breathing...which pretty much makes sense, but is really sad. Thrush is back and this time I hit it with the gentian violet. Her mouth is purple, she is naked, and I am wearing all black because this stuff stains EVERYTHING. You can google "gentian violet" and click on images to see what babies look like when they are being treated. Landry actually just looks like she is wearing purple lipstick because I covered her face in vaseline before treating her and that kept it from staining her skin. I am hopeful that this will knock it out.
8 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment