Two posts in one day...feast or famine!
I don't generally let William watch some of the cartoons meant for older kids and the ones that can use some rough language. One of those is Spongebob Square Pants. Of course he is obsessed with Spongebob because it is forbidden fruit. Today it came on in the background while I was in the other room nursing Landry. I heard it start, but figured there wasn't much I could do at that point. A few minutes into the show William came running in and told me this...
"Mommy, Spongebob just came on and said something. Do you want to know what he said? He said, 'Sorry that I have been bad before and said some bad words, I will be nice now.' So now I can start watching him!"
His other obsession right now is the story of Daniel and the Lion's Den (although sometimes he calls him Jonah, and then we all get confused). He is having a really hard time understanding why a king would put Daniel in a den with lions. He has been carrying the book and asking questions about it for the past two days. William has the sweetest spirit. He can be a stinker, but he really has a hard time understanding when someone is cruel. I keep trying to focus him on the fact that God protected Daniel, but he keeps coming back to the fact that Daniel ended up in there at all.
Continuing on my theme of completely unrelated stories, one more... William started school this week. He now calls his school "meet-the-teacher" because I took him up there to Meet the Teacher Day last week. We have had a week of frustrating conversations. I finally got him to stop calling his teachers "meet-the-teacher" and switched him to Miss Kim and Miss Carol, but now he is calling the school that. Sometimes staying home with two kids is WAY more frustrating than teaching my old class of twenty second graders!
Okay, gotta go, baby is crying and William just announced that he would go take care of her...Yikes!
8 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment