Sunday, September 6, 2009

catch up time

Things are finally slowing down (just a little) and we are in town this weekend!! I am definitely the home-body out of Chad and I and I like being home at least once in a while.

Landry will be two months old this coming week. I'll post pics on the actual day, but there are two up top and I facebooked some from our mini photo shoot today. It was perfect picture weather after church (grey and cloudy) and Landry looked precious in her linen dress.
She just keeps growing and growing. She was 13 and 1/4 pounds on Thursday. I know that because we had to make a trip to the doctor. It took me an entire day, but I finally figured out that Landry had thrush (yeast infection in the mouth - not uncommon in breast fed babies) which led me to realize that her bad diaper rash was probably more than diaper rash too. I thought about treating it with home remedies, but after talking to my mom, dad and the other dentists in his office, I decided to take her in for a prescription. I got two prescriptions and then googled the medications the next day. I realized that the mouth stuff was no big deal, but the diaper cream had some horrible side effects. After about an hour of research, I loaded both kids in the car and went to H.E.B. on the Friday before labor day weekend (wait, it gets worse) at 5 o'clock! I loaded up on the supplies for the homeopathic remedies and the diaper rash is looking much better than the thrush. I am going to finish the oral medication, but I think we may end up having to treat the thrush the hippy way too. Okay, I should move on, Chad gets a little grossed out by all of this and won't appreciate me sharing :-)
William is doing well in school. He adores his friend Pete who was not in summer school, but is back in his class now. They are two peas in a pod. They are so similar... same hair, same height, same round faces and same birthday. I am glad he has such a great friend in his class. His teachers are great and I am really excited about this year.
Today after church William informed us that Jonah was on a ship that flipped in a bad storm and was eaten by a great white shark and that the shark did not spit him out, but instead the shark had said, "Mmmmm, this is good people." Later he switched to a blue whale, but he still wouldn't give in on Jonah ever getting spit out or the boat flipping. You could tell by the glean in his eyes and the way he was laughing that he knew the real story, but he likes spinning tales.
Here are some random pics to catch ya up...
We celebrated Willster's actual b-day in Abilene
Four Generations of Warner Men

Check out that hair...it stands up the minute it drys after her bath

Sleeping in her crib more and more. She used to sleep next to my bed in the pack 'n' play.
While I'm being honest, she actually sleeps in the crib until about 4:30 when she nurses and then sleeps with me the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Love Love Love her crib bedding! WHERE did you get that? Miss seeing you at CDO!! Hope all is well.

Haley said...

Thanks Jenn! The bedding is pottery barn kids. I miss seeing y'all too...I keep managing to run into Erik, but miss the rest of y'all.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order