I think when I was pregnant with William all summer long I must have just stayed inside and in front of an a.c. Somehow I can't convince William that sitting inside all day is fun, so outside we go. Um, I don't know if you are aware of this, but it is freakin' hot outside and add 24 pounds of pregnancy to that and I am ready to die every time I step out the door. My solution is swimming. I have the constant urge to jump into the Guadalupe River which is fine, because you can wear whatever you want in a river. My belly hangs out of my old maternity swimsuit, but no one in a river cares about that, they are usually more concerned with making sure the ice chest stays in its' tube and nearby.
Here is where it gets scary. I signed William up for swim lessons and even though I begged, they wouldn't bump him up to the independent three year old class and are making him stay in mommy and me classes for "liability reasons"...translation...I HAVE TO WEAR A SWIMSUIT IN FRONT OF ALL THE OTHER MOMS AND DADS SITTING ON THE LAWN FURNITURE DILIGENTLY WATCHING THEIR KID'S SWIM LESSONS! WAIT, IT GETS WORSE, I ALSO HAVE TO CLIMB IN AND OUT OF THAT POOL IN MY CURRENT VERY CLUMSY AND LARGE STATE!! Chad has lovingly volunteered to do the mommy duty and get in the water with Will, but I doubt that it works out every evening so I am going to continue panicking. I have spent the past hour online shopping for a maternity swimsuit (because Kerrville doesn't actually have a store that sells maternity clothes). Here is the problem, sure the swimsuit will cover my belly, but that isn't really what I am worried about. My tummy is huge, but it doesn't have cellulite or stretchmarks and it has a very good reason to be giant. I am a little more worried about my thighs, butt, cankles, fat arms, and so on. So I can either wear my wetsuit or give in and put on a swimsuit. I think I have settled on a standard maternity tankini that is on sale, but if you see me at the pool this summer you can smile and know that I wish I was wearing much more...like a robe ;-)
Monday, May 11, 2009
maternity swimsuit
at 4:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
You will look beautiful!
You are so funny! I am sure you would be just fine in a swimsuit!!
Why don't you get a maternity wet suit and a pair of oversized flippers. That should keep you covered up.
Thanks Brian, it takes a doctor to come up with that kind of genius idea.
Post a Comment