Everyone has been asking when I have to stop picking William up. I kinda figured it would be when the midwife told me he was too heavy. Two weeks ago when I started getting major pain in my butt (yes, it is my butt - not back like they say to be polite) I didn't think anything about William. I just woke up a million times a night with the pain and tried to avoid rubbing my butt cheek in public. Yesterday when I told the midwife about the pain, she told me that I had sciatica. She then looked at William and told him that mommy had a bad boo boo and couldn't pick him up anymore - at all - not even to put him in a shopping cart. What on earth I am supposed to do to get this 38 pound kid into a cart or the suburban? It took a few hours before I realized that I also pick up all my students at school - so there is another situation that I get to spend the next few months trying to figure out how to manage. So here we are. I have a pamphlet full of exercises to try before they send me to the chiropractor. My sister Jessica is in town this week and has been doing all the lifting since we left the midwife's office. I already feel better and I feel pretty dumb for not figuring out that my giant child could be part of the pain problem.
We are enjoying Spring Break and hope you are too!
8 months ago







3 comments:
wow, you stumped me with that. i was thinking the pain in your butt was chad, not sciatica.
Ah hahaha, this is the funniest story you have ever written...I love it!
And Haley, you are pregnant, you can rub your butt in public anytime you want to! Remember...anything goes, that is your reward...your right!
Nice touch Brian!
Nice...I was waiting to see who would comment on Chad being the actual pain in my butt. Leave it to Brian:)
Post a Comment