I honestly thought we wouldn't be dealing with this stuff for a few more years. How 'bout some sample conversations....
#1
Will - I want to see the donkey, NOW!
Me - We are going to eat and then we will go see the donkey (and yes, we were going to lunch and then to see a donkey - no lie)
Will - You are kidding me (and then he slumped into his car seat and crossed his arms).
#2
M - You really need to close your eyes and go to sleep
W (through very clenched teeth) - YOU really need to close YOUR eyes and go to sleep
M - I will happily go to sleep
He didn't have a response for that.
#3
M - William, Mommy is talking to Nana, be quiet for just a second.
W - Mommy! Talk nicely and be sweet. You are being mean.
I could go on and on. He really is a precious child with a very tender heart, but if you have heard stories about me as a child, you know that I am now being paid back.
P.S. I have a bajillion pictures that I PROMISE to get uploaded today. I'm not sure that bajillion is a number, but we will probably find out soon as they tally the national debt.
** Update ** I had to add this last conversation that we had on the way to the grocery store this a.m.
Will - My car has a boo boo, it needs some medicine.
Me - Did it bonk its' hiney (because he was pointing to the end of the car)
Will - No mommy, cars have trunks, not hineys.
Me - Oh, I was kidding.
Will - Elephants have trunks too, but they are different trunks.
Can you say, genius?
8 months ago







1 comments:
Sounds like he's not only a PRECIOUS child, he's also a PRECOCIOUS child! I love your stories about W. And, yes, you do need to talk nice and be sweet!
Post a Comment