Today is my birthday. It is also the only opening that the eye doctor had. William has moved from the head of our bed to the foot of our bed when he watches cartoons in the morning and he has been squinting at things. I was a little worried, so at my last eye appt. I asked the doc if he would see a child as young as William and he said to bring him in and let them try to rule out a serious problem and see if he was headed towards glasses. Because we went out for a special lunch and ran to the mall, William had missed his nap by the time we got to the 3:30 appt. We were very concerned about how he would do. We were wrong to worry. He did great. He put his chin in the right spots and looked into the machines. He named every picture that the doctor showed on the projector. He looked through the giant goofy contraption that is connected to the chair and flips different lenses in front of your eyes. He sat perfectly still while the doctor shone a light in his eyes. He put on funny glasses and identified all the 3-D pictures in a book (that trick blew the eye doctor away). He passed the color blindness test. He got a sticker. He asked for more "tricks" to complete. He let the doctor do some other tests. He asked for another sticker and then gave the doctor his trash to throw away. The doctor was very impressed with his abilities and how well he did. In the end we found out that his vision is perfect...even better than expected for a two-year-old, but that he does appear to be prone to nearsightedness and may have a problem way down the road. We wished we had a video camera. Who knew that he would be so impressive at eye exams? After the visit we all went to get an icecream.



My parents sent me this great birthday cake this morning. I guess William was in on the secret, because he stood at the front window all morning telling me, "Your birthday party is coming!" I didn't understand until the delivery van pulled up. I took some better pictures of the cake, but they are on the other camera. This pic is in our fridge in front of the fickle pickles (best pickles on the face of the earth).

Enjoy the pictures!
My parents sent me this great birthday cake this morning. I guess William was in on the secret, because he stood at the front window all morning telling me, "Your birthday party is coming!" I didn't understand until the delivery van pulled up. I took some better pictures of the cake, but they are on the other camera. This pic is in our fridge in front of the fickle pickles (best pickles on the face of the earth).
Enjoy the pictures!








2 comments:
Way to go William!!
I just wanted to say that I totally agree - fickle pickles rock...they are the BEST!!!!
i think that's what i am- a little near-sighted-ish. so william must have inherited that from me (or dad)!!....you're welcome.
Post a Comment