Thursday, February 5, 2009

Big News

Nope, we don't know yet if it is a boy or a girl...but check back for that next week.

Chad has accepted a new job. I know that this is coming out of nowhere for my loyal blog readers, but have no fear, it came out of nowhere for us too. Chad has been feeling a little burned out as a youth minister and we all know that the right thing to do in that situation is to move on before the youth ministry suffers. We have been praying about a solution to this situation and have also been very aware that jobs are not the easiest thing to come by these days. Chad was then approached by a residential drug recovery center (the same one he used to work at) for a position as a case manager. The perks of this position were as follows: 8 to 5 set schedule, counseling hours (needed for our degree program), graduating a year sooner with these hours, and EXPERIENCE in therapy and drug recovery. In the end, we felt like this was an answer to our prayers. Actually getting paid to do therapy at this stage in our degree program in almost unheard of and the experience is priceless. This should mean that Chad will graduate in December with a masters in marriage and family therapy. He will still have to get 3000 counseling hours to meet the state's requirements for licensure, but we will be that much closer.

As for the obvious lack of pictures on here...let me explain. My computer is on its' last legs and I need it to function in order to do my class work, so I can't bring myself to add anymore pictures (even to the exterior hard drive) until I get a new computer. Have no fear, the new computer is chosen and will probably be ordered this evening, so we should be up and running soon. As for Willster...he is hilarious. He has just started saying, "OOOOO-KAAAY" in the most exasperated tone ever (think teenager) when he doesn't get his way. I think it is funny and he doesn't mean it rudely...at least he is saying 'okay' and not something in anger.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Congratulations Chad! I have to admit, I opened the blog really fast when I saw "Big News." I just knew we would find out if it was a boy or girl...ha ha But the news you shared was really cool, too. God is opening doors for you.

Julia said...

I had no idea you were getting a degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. I started the MFT program at ACU but didn't finish. Sometimes I regret that decision espeecially when I think about being a teacher for the rest of my life. Anyway, I was just thinking what a small world it is.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order