I have no idea why I feel the need to confess things to the internet, but here it is... we have not put up a Christmas tree. There, I said it. Usually I love putting up the tree, wrapping the presents, putting up all the other little things around the house, but not this year. To be quite honest, I feel like crap. I have the CONSTANT feeling of "I am seconds from barfing" even if I am not and to top it all off I am exhausted. Chad and I just finished finals and now he is on a church retreat. We are leaving on Thursday for a fantastic vacation and then we are coming home for one day before William and I leave again until my sister's wedding in January. The motivation is just not there. I decorated the front porch, so on the outside I look like a good mom. I keep taking William to see Christmas decorations, but I just don't have the energy to put up our own decorations. To top it all off, I am not on top of Christmas gifts and I have no motivation to wrap the ones I do have (normally my favorite Christmas activity). So that about sums it up - my holiday season is being ruined by an amazing and wonderful blessing that will arrive in June.
Really I am okay, but all I want for Christmas is a maid, a nap, and maybe a nanny for a couple of hours. OH, and someone to upload the hundreds of pictures from my camera and blog them.
8 months ago







2 comments:
ah, ya put it up and you just have to take it down again....don't worry, you've got years to do that!
We have not put up a tree this year either and we are not planning on it! I don't have the energy and I am not pregnant.
Post a Comment