So William has been learning from a bully in his classroom. William has gone from being the sweetest one in the class (according to his teachers) to joining a gang of boys who are all following the leader bully. It is the first real test of my constant urge to control everything. I would love to be the loud parent who rallies the others and gets this really bad and abusive kid kicked out of the class, but I'm not. I am focusing on the fact that at least he isn't beating William up because he considers him a friend. I am focusing on the fact that I trust William's teachers to handle their own classroom. I am focusing on the fact that even if I am paying for his education (which we plan to continue to do as long as we can afford it), I cannot control who else is in his classroom. The only other thing I can do is talk to William about it. William is truly a sweetheart who does not want anyone to be sad. I think he just gets caught up in the boy thing. His teachers know that I am right down the hall and will handle the discipline if they feel it is necessary. So today as we walked to the car I asked him if he was nice to everyone in his class today. Here is his response...
"Ummm, yes, oh no, I be mean Gabri-wa-wa (Gabriella)"
We went on to discuss what a sweet girl Gabriella is and how it probably made her sad for William to be mean to her (although I have no idea what he did to her - he didn't tell me).
So here we are. My sweet angel that constantly gives hugs and tells me he loves me is hanging around with a rough crowd. What's next?
8 months ago







1 comments:
WOW, Welcome to the world of peer pressure!
Post a Comment