Monday, November 17, 2008

Yep, we are pregnant. We are very, very excited about this baby. After a long time trying, I am enjoying being sick. Poor William is getting the raw end of mommy not feeling well, but he carries my trashcan around and brings me juice and tells me, "drink this, you feel better." He is very excited about the baby that he calls 'yellow baby' for some reason. Maybe because it is a gender neutral color :) We saw a heartbeat at our last appointment and will go in for a more intense sonogram at the beginning of December to try and get a more accurate due date. The one on the ticker at the top is my midwife's guess by looking at the sonogram - I think it is a little off and we will find out more with the sonographer and official measurements. While we are on the word 'midwife' let me explain. I am not doing a home birth in a baby pool (more power to those of you who chose that route) but, I am doing a natural birth with a midwife at a hospital. My midwife Lois is a certified nurse midwife who works in a clinic with three other midwives and over ten obstetricians. In case of emergency, an o.b. will always be near by. So no matter how you feel about them, a midwife is what I want and a hospital is what Chad wants, so we found the perfect compromise.

8 comments:

Amy B. said...

Thrilled for you guys!!
Keep us posted on the details of the due date, etc.

Mindi Tipps said...

Congrats Haley! I'm already praying for a healthy baby!

Lora said...

We're so excited for you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, now you will have to do double the posts since you'll have two to blog about :)
Love you all very much.

Cass said...

YAY!! Congratulations Warner fam. That is so exciting. Love you guys.

Kelly said...

I think Yellow Baby is the perfect name!

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

How completely awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

One happy and excited Ammie - as long as the baby is as precious as William who cares if it is a girl or boy!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order