The best things about being pregnant are...
1. you are part of something amazing
2. you never have to suck in - even though I shouldn't look pregnant yet
3. people treat you differently and smile at you a little more
4. when people ask when you are going to have more, you get to give a date
5. it is ok if you ask for fried pickles for dinner - everyone just nods and complies
6. you get to daydream about names without feeling silly
7. william kisses my tummy - already - (insert my heart melting)
8. second trimester - I feel better than I have ever felt in my life at that point
9. taking naps with and just like a two year old (but I did that before I was pregnant too)
10. maternity clothes - others may complain, but I love the comfort
The worst things about being pregnant are...
1. barfing
2. barfing
3. wondering why constant nausea and misery is called "morning sickness"
4. smells - especially bath and body works lotion - kill me now!
5. people telling you how you should feel and what to do to get better - as if I have not tried every home remedy in the all natural category
6. not being able to drink Dr. Pepper all day long (but I do sneak a little here and there)
7. poor Chad having to take care of me and a toddler
8. my poor toddler understanding just enough that he now asks me how I am feeling throughout the day and if I feel good enough to go play
9. the fact that I have a job that involves dirty diapers and runny noses
10. (sorry guys) sore boobs - they are awful this pregnancy, like this time they know that they are about to be put through another year or two of breastfeeding
All in all my top ten over rule the bottom ten. I love it. This morning I had my head over the toilet and Chad was in the shower asking if I wanted more after all of this. In between heaves I
was still able to holler, "Yes!"
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
on being pregnant...
at 3:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Congratulations!!! I hope you get over the morning sickness soon!
Post a Comment