The Fire Truck came to school on Tuesday. Today I stood in the parking lot for five minutes while William reenacted the event for me since I was not with his class. He showed me where he sat, where the truck was parked, and where the fireman got dressed. He loved seeing the truck, but wouldn't actually climb on it because he said it was too big - understandable for a child who is 37 inches tall.

The Firemen do these visits so that the kids won't be scared if they ever see a fireman in full uniform in an emergency situation. One of the firemen went through the whole process of getting dressed in front of the kids and even put on the scary mask and then crawled around to give the kids high fives. William was all for it. My class (1yr. olds) just screamed at the poor guy.

Here is a pic of William checking out the truck. He would get really close to it, but wouldn't let the fireman put him inside (I was secretly watching this part from my classroom window).

On a complete side note, William is crying right now because I refused to give him chocolate milk to dip his oreos in. He says white milk is "too yucky." A mom has to draw the line somewhere :)
The Firemen do these visits so that the kids won't be scared if they ever see a fireman in full uniform in an emergency situation. One of the firemen went through the whole process of getting dressed in front of the kids and even put on the scary mask and then crawled around to give the kids high fives. William was all for it. My class (1yr. olds) just screamed at the poor guy.
Here is a pic of William checking out the truck. He would get really close to it, but wouldn't let the fireman put him inside (I was secretly watching this part from my classroom window).
On a complete side note, William is crying right now because I refused to give him chocolate milk to dip his oreos in. He says white milk is "too yucky." A mom has to draw the line somewhere :)








0 comments:
Post a Comment