Tomorrow is the first day of school. After last week's experiences (lots of tears) at the teacher planning days and several days of William saying, "No school, Mama" every single time we passed the Baptist Church, I resorted to bribery. Chad immediately commented on the use of bribery (something we try hard to stay away from) and I rationalized it this way...I want his first day of school to be a positive experience and if that means a 99 cent McDonalds ice cream and a three dollar toy from Wal-Mart, then I am willing to do it. This afternoon I put on my really excited face and started talking about all the fun things William would get to do at school, the kids he would meet, and the ice cream and present we would go get afterward. It must have worked. By five o'clock he was searching for his airplane shirt for "class morrow." When we found that it was dirty, he made me let him pour the soap and place the shirt in the washer. About an hour later he again wanted to see the location of the shirt, so I had to take him to the dryer to check on it. This $2 Wal-Mart shirt is not my first choice for a first day of school outfit, but I am not arguing with the child. I always wanted an independent dresser and I certainly got one. He is now sleeping peacefully. Say a little prayer tomorrow that all goes well.
10 months ago







1 comments:
Lots of prayers for William, tomorrow. Hope all goes well.
Post a Comment