Tuesday, August 26, 2008

drumroll please...

We made it through our first day at "children's day out" as they call it. It wasn't real school yet, but William made it from 8:15 to 1:15 with complete strangers and tons of other kids and I met all my fellow teachers and my co-teacher. William cried when I dropped him off, but seemed okay a few minutes later when I peeked back in. I was so nervous about all of this that I could barely eat last night or this morning (not necessarily a bad thing). For those of you who don't understand my fears, let me give you some stats...William has never been left with anyone besides a grandparent except his Sunday school teachers and it took a whopping six months for him to stop crying when I left him there. Lately he has started hiding every time a stranger says something to him. He even sank down in a shopping cart and mashed his face into the bottom when a man said hi to him. Needless to say I was a bit fearful about leaving him with the subs that were hired to watch all of the teacher's kids. Just two more days of this arrangement and then he will enter his real classroom with Miss Aubree and Miss April next Tuesday. I think it is going to be a great year!

1 comments:

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

It's good he's getting started early! Good luck at your new job!

Can you email me with your email address? macrutchfield@gmail.com

For some reason I don't have it.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order