Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School, Or Not

Either William is the smartest two year old on the face of the earth, or he was really sick this morning. Whatever the reason, he managed to get out of school today. He has had a minor cold all weekend, but I thought we were finished with it until he started (BEWARE, THIS IS DISGUSTING - I KNOW, I WAS THERE) hacking up flem early this morning. We are not talking small amounts here, at one point Chad was coughing, William was spitting that stuff up, and I was gagging over the toilet at both of them. It was not a pretty picture. I quickly ran out the door to work and left William and Chad (who is way sicker) to fend for eachother. The day started off rough because William wants Mommy when he is sick, but Chad took him to Wal-Mart and let him buy a dvd to watch (he chose Spirit, because it has horses) and they came home and watched t.v. and drank gatoraide.
My new job report: Out of my ten 'young one year olds' only one cried when his mom left. Most are pretty mellow. A few are learning to use their sippy cups (we don't allow bottles or binkies)and only one is still learning to walk. I changed eleven diapers and so did my co-teacher. I was exhausted at the end of the day, but I think it is going to be great.

3 comments:

Gail said...

I hope William gets to feeling better so ge can enjoy his 2nd first day of school! I am glad to hear that your class, although tiring, went well!

I was looking at the slideshow of William's first two years...and it made me remember how much I miss y'all! It was fun seeing him...and how he has grown and changed.

love
Gail

Mindi Tipps said...

Hope the boys feel better soon and I hope you enjoy your job! Sounds like a fast-paced job that will make your days go by fast!

Unknown said...

ytHe is growing up so quick! I saw the video of him chatting it up the other day on Jason's page and nearly died. He just keeps getting more handsome, I bet he is quite the hit with the little gals in his class!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order