Chad and I brought William home from his vacation in Corpus yesterday afternoon. He was a little fussy on the ride home, his voice was getting hoarse, and you could just tell he was coming down with something. We tried and tried to get him to drink and eat with no success. We put him to bed at about 7:00 and then I fell asleep about an hour later. Around 9:45 my mother-in-law arrived at our house to stay the night after a wedding she had attended. That is when Chad woke me up because William was wheezing horribly and was hot as fire. For the first time in either of our lives, we decided a trip to the E.R. was necessary. Kerrville just built a brand new beautiful hospital, so we headed over there. It took about twenty minutes for us to be called in to register with the nurse. They listened to William and took his temp (104.6), gave him Motrin and we were immediately bumped to the top of the triage list and sent back to a room. The doctor came to check him shortly after that. They all said he sounded croupish, but she also did a strep test to be sure. They gave him a Popsicle right around the time his fever broke and he was a new child. He thought that was the best thing he had ever tasted and suddenly he perked up. In the end we found out that he had an ear infection, cough, and upper respiratory infection. They taught us how to keep his horrible fever under control by rotating Tylenol and Motrin and gave us a script for an antibiotic (for the ears). We have to follow up on Tuesday with his pediatrician, but for now he seems to be feeling better. We have the fever down to about 100 and the coughing sounds a little less terrifying now. Chad's wonderful mother took over when we got home around 1:30 so we actually slept through the night. I think we handled this much better than the last fever. You can read about that here. Keep little Will in your prayers as he gets over this virus. I'll post pics from our short trip to Corpus soon.
10 months ago







4 comments:
Haley!! I am so sorry to hear about poor William. It sounded like things got worse once you left Corpus. We will certainly be praying for him...and y'all. I hope he gets to feeling better!
Kegan and Gail
Poor guy! I'm glad he got a popsicle out of this whole business- those can cure anything! I'll pray for his health and that things return to normal for you all soon!
How was his check-up?
Poor baby. I guess he wasn't feeling so well Friday night at the restaurant. I hate croup. It sounds horrible.
P.S. Yes, Benjamin does look like Marymae. heehee
Post a Comment