On Thursday we went to watch the very talented Tivy High School freshman football team beat Alamo Heights. William sat and watched the game. That should have been our first sign that something was wrong. William doesn't sit and watch anything, not even cartoons.
That night we had a hard time getting William to go to sleep and by 11:00 I was sitting up holding him to get him to sleep. Around 1:00 he woke up screaming and he was burning hot. William has never had a fever, so we handled this as calmly as possible. We calmly took his temperature over and over and over(between 102 and 104). We calmly gave him tylenol. Chad calmly went to the store for a new thermometer just in case our very nice digital thermometer was wrong. We calmly began deciding what emergency room to take him to (kerrville e.r. does not have a good rep). I calmly cried. We calmly called and woke up both grandmas. In the end I calmly read everything available on the internet and decided to keep him home until the morning. The next day my sister and I took William all the way to Corpus to see the doctor (I don't have a pediatrician in Kerrville yet). He had a horrible ear infection with a blister on his ear drum. The doctor was shocked that he hadn't been fussing about the ear for the past week.
I am happy to report that he is feeling much better. He will finish his antibiotics and decongestant in about a week. Hopefully we won't have to go through this again for another 14mos.
P.S. In case the sarcasm is hard to read....we really weren't calm.
8 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment