Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Trip to Abilene Part 2

Last Friday (day 2 of our Abilene Trip) we went arrowhead hunting. Steve is a Realtor and just sold this neat ranch in Blackwell, TX. The owners gave us permission to go hunt for arrowheads. William was not feeling well, so it turned out to be a trip full of boogers and mild temper tantrums, but we had fun looking. I learned that most pieces of flint look like arrowheads to me. I also learned that you shouldn't carry arrowheads in plastic bags that can easily tear and return your finds to the earth. We found some cools ones (and by "we" I mean everyone except me).

William had fun walking around and poking with his stick like everyone else, but it didn't take long until he wanted to be carried. His favorite part was sitting in the back of the truck having a snack and looking at the cows.
Fortunately he slept the whole way home. When we got home, William took some time to explore the back yard minus those cumbersome overalls.

0 comments:

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order