It is impossible to sum up a trip to Abilene in one post. Chad's dad and Karen always manage to cram so much activity into two or three days that I come home with hundreds of pictures and just as many stories. We will start with last Thursday afternoon when we arrived. Chad and William took some time to play on the tractor. They look cool until you zoom out and realize they are on a tractor on a trailer in the middle of a neighborhood.

As soon as Steve (Chad's dad) arrived home from work, we headed out to some land that they have in Hamby (about ten min. outside Abilene). We went to deliver the tractor and fill up feeders.

At Hamby, Chad and William got to ride the tractor for real. I think Chad would have preferred driving without the extra hands, but William loved it. We found a skunk hiding in some cactus so Steve took William to check it out.
Here Steve uses William as a shield. Can you tell how ridiculously close they are to this animal? Steve was confident he would not spray, but I wasn't so sure.











2 comments:
That is all so fun!! He is going to have so many great memories from all the family stuff ya'll do. I love to hear about people taking their kids to do different things. It is so good for them.
Haley, be sure and Steve about his encounter with a skunk during his college days. I came home and opened the door to the apt. to be almost knocked out by the odor of skunk clothing! He had caught a skunk in a trap!!
Post a Comment