Thursday, April 24, 2008

flat tire

The day I got my permit, I wrecked my mom's Volvo station wagon. From that time on I had my fair share of fender benders. I am proud to say that the past seven years I have been wreck free (unless you count a year ago when I scratched a parking garage wall with the Subaru). All this leads into my story...
Yesterday we bought a new car. It is a Ford Fusion and we love it. As soon as we drove it off the lot, I went home and got ready and headed to San Antonio for Fiesta Coronation (I will post the pics and story on that later). I was very careful with our new car. I parked a mile from the stores that my mom and I met at, I drove slowly and cautiously, I parked with plenty of room on either side at Fiesta and then I decided to drive home at 11:15 last night. There were about a million deer on the side of I-10, so I was really, really careful. I made it in to Kerrville and turned onto the main road headed to our house when I nicked the curb. Immediately a warning light went off saying low tire pressure. I happened to be passing the gas pumps where the cops and city vehicles fill up so I pulled in there and called Chad. He had to wake William up and come change the flat at 12:30 a.m. The curb that I hit is one of the million places in Kerrville that is currently under construction so we are praying I didn't hit re-bar. So, yesterday we spent about three hours at the dealership and Chad is back there again this morning with the car that I already managed to damage. I'm fortunate that I am married to about the most patient man alive.

1 comments:

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

I totally remember you wrecking the Volvo. That was the stage in our lives when we kept screwing up no matter how hard we tried. I remember you calling me after it happened, weren't ya'll going to church?

I'm sorry to hear about your new car, I did almost the same thing to my new jetta. I scratched the rim on the tire after only 2 weeks. I have still not replaced it (2 years later) because it's $248 for basically a hubcap.

We have horrible luck with cars!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order