Tuesday, February 26, 2008

FIRST HAIRCUT


Back in October I trimmed William's hair a little bit to save him from his ever growing mullet. It was minor, and I decided not to count it as his first haircut. Well, these past few weeks his hair has been getting a little out of control (see pic to left). I am all for long hair on boys, but not some long, some really short. It was time for a real haircut.
So today after Kindermusik we took William to get his first haircut. I chose a place called "Family Cuts" because it was on main street and the name seemed to imply that they could cut kids hair. Our preacher Tommy was in the chair getting his hair cut (small town Fredericksburg) when we walked in, so he joined us as we all held our breath to see how Will would do. I gave him his binky because binkies make everything better. Jimmy didn't like the word "haircut," he told Will he would be "fixing his hair" because he felt cutting was such a negative and scary word (this will make you laugh when you see Jimmy's picture). Well, William did wonderful while having his hair "fixed." He stayed still and let Jimmy do the job. Jimmy then made Chad stay in the chair and cleaned him up. After all of this he just charged us $5. William looks very handsome.
Interesting side note: Jimmy used to be the president of a pretty bad biker gang. One day someone invited him to church. He continued to attend, accepted the Lord, was baptized and has been a changed man ever since. I thought that was a pretty good lesson. What if that person had not invited Jimmy because of his appearance and lifestyle? We got this whole story during one haircut. We really like Jimmy and think we have found the perfect barber for Chad and William. He was a neat guy.
Our
Beautful
Boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that he is old enough for a haircut!!!

Mindi Tipps said...

I bet it was hard letting go of those first baby hairs! He does looks handsome though!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order