Thursday, February 21, 2008

18 Glorious Months

William Russell will be 18 months old on Saturday. It has been an awesome 18 months. I thought I would take this opportunity to give a status report on our dear Will.
29.8 pounds
33.5 inches tall

Wearing 2T and some 3T clothes (mainly due to his sweet round belly)

He says things like: ball, apple, juice, shoes, baby, no, dog, deer, duck, moo, truck, hot, cheese, ouch, mama, dada or daddy, pawpaw, mimi, tree, yes, hello, bye bye, eyes, go, sit, up, please, hug, kiss, binky, off, and ABC's (he can't sing the ABC's, but he tells me to sing or points to them and says "ABC's"). I am sure that there are others that I am forgetting, but you get the idea. He also likes to "sing" - the words are usually not understandable, but it is so sweet.

He can point to pretty much any body part that you can name. He thinks belly buttons are hilarious.
He runs, climbs, walks, dances, jumps (and can actually get off the ground, throws, skips(in his own way) and can do the motions to some songs.
William loves: animals, daddy, mommy, his grandparents, aunts, uncle, baths, balls, trucks, candy, oranges (that he calls apples), apples, cheese, grapes, raisins, apple juice, yobaby drinkable yogurt, pasta, steak or fajita meat, chicken nuggets, and anything that you try to hide from him.

His latest adorable thing is that he says, "No,no." I know that you are thinking we are crazy, but don't worry. I don't let him talk back to adults or tell people "no, no." This is adorable because he thinks he is saying, "Oh no!" He says this whenever he spills something or sees someone else spill something. He doesn't just say, "Oh no!" He says it like you might if you drove one hour to your favorite ice cream shop, arrived just before closing, ordered your favorite ice cream and then walked outside and spilled it. It is the most dramatic and tragic sounding thing you have ever heard.

Okay, Picture Time:

Watching our Neighbor Rake His Leaves (this is a little embarrassing, but it entertains him)


Coloring On the Stairs (he set this up himself)(p.s. I know the stairs need to be painted, but it is really hard to find a convenient time to paint them and not walk on them for a day)
Having a Snack and Then Having a Snack from a Different Chair (this is typical - he always has
to try various chairs during a meal)


"Helping" Mom with Laundry
Close Up

HAPPY 18 MONTHS WILLIAM RUSSELL!!

P.S. Sorry about all the blurry pictures. My Sony Cybershot that I bought TWO MONTHS AGO is giving me fits. It started off great, but it has gone downhill fast.

2 comments:

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

Awww, he looks just like you!! He's adorable!

Mindi Tipps said...

William is precious! I love his cute little cheeks and smile!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order