Monday, January 7, 2008

Life

Life with William is always interesting.
I wondered how he would take to his new church. I love his sunday (and wednesday) school teacher, but he is just never too sure about strangers. She is the grandmother of a pretty little girl named Maddy who is William's age, so I felt good about leaving him with her even when I could hear him screaming from the auditorium class. He was still screaming when I went to get him, but she said he had some happy times in there. He did okay during the service because he had a good view of his new love, Lillian (age 7). After church they had a luncheon and that is where it happened - William took over. He went to play with the other kids in the auditorium (you know running around, tag, hiding under pews) and for being the youngest by a few years, he really held his own. He learned to "tag" (he shoves), he learned to squeal at the top of his lungs when he is found, and most importantly, he learned his way around the building. At evening church he was a mad man. He went anywhere and everywhere without cause or concern. He was letting people pick him up, he followed the bigger kids around, he weaved in and out of legs as everyone stood around talking. I was amazed how quickly he acted like he absolutely belonged and how he expected everyone to know him. So, needless to say, while Chad and I are still adjusting and learning names, William is perfectly comfortable (and very popular).

What would a post be without pictures?

Here William plays with the fire pit while telling me it is hot every time I get near.
THE FIRE PIT THAT WAS GIVEN TO CHAD BY HIS FAVORITE MOTHER AND FATHER-IN LAW
William helps himself to a snack while I am in the living room.

William watches the tooting dinosaur video (thank you Gail for sharing that with us)
`William tries to replay the video (he is sometimes successful)

Oreos and Milk
Uh Oh, dirty hands
Taking care of the dirty hands
Lastly, William NEVER sits still, so when I saw him laying on the couch watching t.v. and drinking juice, I grabbed the camera. What is this magical show that had captured my sons attention? Entertainment Tonight (quality news programming :) doing a segment on Britney Spears (I am hoping her kids caught his eye).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed, my computer geek, really liked the picture of William sitting at the computer...said that was good training :)

Haley said...

He loves the computer. He accidentally does all kinds of things to it that I didn't know were possible.

Gail said...

I LOVED the post. They always make me luagh! I can not wait to see y'all, hopefully soon. It sounds like William is doing well and learning TONS!!! Amazing!

I am glad he enjoyed the farting dino's...nice, huh...such a man thing!

Miss y'all!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order