The other night, mother-in-law Mary Ann came to town to watch William so that we could go eat and see a movie. We were so excited for our night out. We got all ready, decided on seafood, said our goodbyes and headed out into the dark, freezing cold night. As we reached the first busy intersection we heard a funny noise and then our car died. The Subaru would not start. We were getting honked at and trying everything to get it to start. No luck. Finally Chad and the man honking at us pushed the car to the curb. We called a friend who brought her strong son and we pushed the car into a parking lot. You would think our bad luck would end here, but no. The lights would not turn off. Eventually we gave up and left the car to die a second battery related death. We went home, got our other car and continued our date (there was nothing we could do until the morning, or so we thought). The next morning we learned another lesson... small town mechanics don't work weekends. We had to call the store manager and ask them to let us leave our car in their parking lot. They agreed, and that is where the Subaru remains. Tomorrow morning the Subaru will travel on the back of a tow truck to what I am sure will be an outrageously priced mechanic to learn her fate. I am praying that it is not a bid deal, but it will probably be huge. So, this means I am home bound for the mean time unless I want to drive Chad to work thirty minutes away and then leave him car-less all day. It should be an interesting week. Me, William, our house, no park, no grocery store, no outings. Scary.
UPDATE: It is now Monday. The car made it to the shop, no word yet on the damage. It rained all day and is forcasted to continue. William and I are feeling a little trapped. I was thinking we would at least take a walk and play in the backyard today, but no such luck. We did however manage to build a really tall lego tower and read almost every book on the shelf. I think we will survive.
10 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment