On Saturday I took William to a birthday party for our friend Cason Wood (far left). His mommy and I taught together and we were all in stroller strides together. (Chad was in Leakey on a church retreat). While at the party William and Kegan Setliff took time to check out the John Deere. I think Kegan had the upper
hand on this one as his father is a farmer and his grandfather is a John Deere dealer.
That night after I bathed William and put him in his snazzy new Niagara Falls t-shirt that his Nana got him, he found three binkies (pacifiers). Yes, I have a confession to make: William still
gets a binky at bed time (and sometimes in the car if he screams loud enough). To some of you this is no big deal, but to some mommies and dentists this is scandalous. We just can't
bring ourselves to take away something that he loves so much. How do we know he loves them? He holds the extras (even in his sleep). He swaps them out periodically so none of them feel neglected. He stores them in the special compartment on his truck. He sighs when he finally gets one. He searches the house chanting "dee dee, dee dee" (his word for binky). So there. He gets to keep the binky and his grandpa will fix his teeth if it becomes necessary.
gets a binky at bed time (and sometimes in the car if he screams loud enough). To some of you this is no big deal, but to some mommies and dentists this is scandalous. We just can't
bring ourselves to take away something that he loves so much. How do we know he loves them? He holds the extras (even in his sleep). He swaps them out periodically so none of them feel neglected. He stores them in the special compartment on his truck. He sighs when he finally gets one. He searches the house chanting "dee dee, dee dee" (his word for binky). So there. He gets to keep the binky and his grandpa will fix his teeth if it becomes necessary.
P.S. William also insisted on wearing his new shoes that night before bed. He loves them.







2 comments:
I vote that he keeps his binky till he turns 18 if he so wishes!!! :O)
Thank you Amy. I kinda feel the same way.
Post a Comment