Wednesday, November 28, 2007

UPDATES ON THE WILLIAM

Yesterday I needed to call Chad on his cell at work, but our house phone doesn't call long distance (we kept our Corpus cell phones) and William had lost my phone. He was not at all interested in helping me look and he just stood by the house phone picking it up and pretending to talk every time I asked for my cell. This went on for five hours (okay, I didn't actually look for that long, but it took that long to find it). I finally found the phone under a pillow on the floor in a corner. Then I needed to run an errand. Keys? This time William followed me around while I looked chanting, "tees, tees, tees." When I checked the drawer under the stove I found my cookie sheets, a soccer ball, two binkies, and a rubber band. When I checked the bottom drawer of the bathroom I found toilet paper and pennies ( I had to give a slight sigh of relief that at least he had quit eating coins when he found them). You can see that we have a little bit of an issue. Exhausted and frustrated I just put William to bed and fell asleep myself. The next morning I informed Chad of our dilemma. He turned the house upside down and eventually found our keys in an ice chest. So there is one update, William has started "putting things away" for us.

Next update: he has added please "thease" and socks to his vocabulary. He is diligently trying to get the word 'diaper' down, but I don't think I can count it yet. He already says more, chicken (when he is desperately hungry) drink, hot, and a few other words.

I must apologize in advance to those of you who do not have kids. I know that you don't want to hear the last update, so just stop reading here.

William is very into the toilet, so his grammie gave him an early Christmas present and he now has his own potty. He likes to sit on it and will even tug his pants down. I know that it is way too early to potty train, but if he wants to try it out I am not going to stop him. I will let you know if we have any success.
(I am not sure that it is appropriate to put a picture of your baby on a potty, so I made it small - sorry if it offends anyone.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well sounds like a key holder that you can hang way up high should be on your Christmas list!
Love the pictures and blogs, see you all real soon :)

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order