Monday, January 17, 2011

I tried....

Chad keeps telling me that it would be best for his work schedule if I went in to labor on a Sunday night and had Elliette on a Monday morning. This would allow him the most time with the baby without losing any pay. (Chad works all his 40 hrs. in three days during the weekend, that is why weekdays would actually be better).
So yesterday, Sunday, I decided to try all the natural induction methods that people had suggested. I'm kinda' one of those people who tends to go a little overboard. If one suggestion was good, then all of them had to be better, right?
I have actually been using Red Raspberry Tea and Evening Primrose oil for weeks, but the rest were new additions.
I started by making a smoothie with Castor Oil (which is still disgusting even when masked by a smoothie).
Then I ate all the pineapple.
By lunch time I still felt fine, so I went and got (cheap) Mexican food and added lots of hot sauce.I'll spare you the rest of the gory details from the day, but you can use your imagination as to how all these interesting concoctions effected my digestive system.
The other result?
Nothing, nada, zilch, no stinkin' contractions.
She is obviously comfortable.
Today I will take to the streets and walk, walk, walk. The weather may finally cooperate!
*********************************
On a side note, William has become super clingy and concerned about me. All of this baby stuff is really sinking in, and I don't think he is worried about getting another sister as much as he is worried about me going through labor and being in a hospital. He has spent the last two nights (from about 1am on) in our bed clinging to me. He has asked that he be the first person to hold the baby and when I explained that daddy and I would hold her first since we would be in the room, but that he would be the first person after us, he became very upset that he would be in the waiting room. He wants to be in the delivery room. He says he will just play his leapster (video game) until she is out. I had thought that he wouldn't even be at the hospital until after she was born, but he may need to be there so he can sit with me while I labor and see that I am fine (and actually my midwives and hospital will let him stay in the room for delivery, but Chad won't have that). I always feel like kids are way more sensitive and intuitive than we are, so William's actions keep making me think that baby girl may come sooner than later. We will see. Say a little prayer for him and his sensitive little heart.

4 comments:

Lora said...

Praying for all 5 of you! We can't wait to hear that Elliette has made her arrival. :)

Aunt Debby said...

Now I'm hungry for mexican food :)

Ariel said...

I thought you were going to name her Charlie??? I guess that's what happens when there isn't a Cooper in College Station to tell me about it!

Kentsten said...

This entry cracked me up. I am 37 weeks and also very eager for his arrival. He is in the perfect position, but I am not dilated at all!! I am not THAT uncomfortable, but more just over being big and want to meet him. I have definitely looked up all the natural ways to induce labor, but have yet to try any. I guess you tried them all for me and now I know that God will put us all into labor when it is the right time.

Sigh. Hope you are feeling okay, and that Elliette comes sooner rather than later!!!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order