Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let me explain....

The Story Behind our Baby's NEW Name
Chad picked out the name Charley before we knew we were having a girl and we have a set name that we have already agreed on for a boy. I thought I would come to love the name Charley (which I do think is precious) but, I never fell in love with it. We then agreed to name her Charlotte, but we weren't going to tell anyone until the day of her birth and we were going to continue to call her Charley. The problem was that Chad didn't love the name Charlotte and I was nervous because it is predicted to be one of the top names for 2011. Do you see where this is going? Turns out that neither of us was thrilled with both options and one of us would always be a little disappointed.
I had been hinting at maybe picking another name (Chad says I was being passive-aggressive) for weeks. Finally I said I wanted to go back to the drawing board. We downloaded baby name apps on our phones and began stalking all the baby name websites. We texted names back and forth all day long. In the end, I kept coming back to one of my original choices from way back when we found out we were expecting. Chad eventually ended on that name too.
Elliette
It is pronounced like Elliot, but just looks a little more feminine to me. We also love the nickname Ellie. She doesn't have a middle name yet, but we have it narrowed down to a list of about five.
It came time to tell everyone about the change right when I was getting ready to order Christmas cards, so we just added her name on there and decided to mail them out and see if anyone noticed.
So there you have it. I am pregnant and hormonal and prone to change my mind and that is exactly what happened.

1 comments:

Love Aunt Debby Ann said...

Elliette Ann...how cute and southern does Ellie Ann sound :)

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order