It is no secret that we had a hard time getting pregnant after having William. Landry was our wonderful blessing who the Lord gave us after months of fertility testing, one amazing doctor, and one miscarriage. After we had Landry, we made the decision not to go on birth control because A. I was breastfeeding B. It seemed silly to fight my body on something it already didn't want to do and C. We want more children, D. The doctor and midwives felt that it would be a struggle again when we decided to get pregnant.
I'm actually writing this on May 24, 2010, but I won't share it until we are ready to share. I missed a cycle about four weeks back, but I took a pregnancy test and it was negative so I assumed my body was still getting back into the swing of things from the pregnancy.
Then...
I burst in to tears at a picture of a soldier returning home to his children.
I couldn't button my jeans.
I was so tired I could barely move for absolutely no reason.
I had a very familiar headache.
I have felt slightly nauseous for about a week.
I nearly lost my breakfast while changing a stinky diaper this morning.
So today I worked all morning to get the energy to get showered and out the door. Around 11:00, I loaded both kids in the car and went to the Dollar Store for a few $1 pregnancy tests. I learned during months of trying for Landry that paying $12 a pop for pregnancy tests is absurd. I fought off my desperate urge for the meatball sub I was craving and came home to feed the kids lunch and take the test. It was immediately dark blue and positive. I was shocked. We are not people who accidentally get pregnant. Chad's job ends on Friday. Our future is very uncertain. We are planning on moving. William is going through a very defiant stage. Landry isn't even one yet. I'm still fat! The list goes on and on, but it took me about one minute to get over the fear and be joyous. I tried to think of the most creative way to tell Chad. I dreamt up elaborate plans for about five minutes before caving to call and tell him at work. When you have exciting news, you have to call and tell your best friend, and for me that is Chad. He was more than shocked.
This baby was far from planned, but he or she will be cherished. We are so excited to add to our little brood. I'm still shaking as I write this, but I know that everything will work out. I already made my first appointment with the midwives and I have a huge amount of peace knowing my caregivers and hospital. When I called, the receptionist immediately said, "Hi Haley, how are you?" There is such comfort in going back to a place I know and people I trust.
Minivan here we come!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Here is the story....
at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment