Saturday, May 8, 2010

TEN MONTHS OLD!

Miss Landry Beth is TEN MONTHS OLD today!
She celebrated by running a fever for the two nights leading up to today (and since all the medicine was recalled, we got to go buy new generics) and bleeding TWICE today. No idea where the fever is coming from, except that she seems a little sensitive to the pollen that is currently falling from all four of our pecan trees. The blood was from scraping her knee on the ironing board while crawling by and grabbing an outlet which scared daddy so much that he grabbed her and scraped next to her eye...about five minutes before we left for the river to take pictures and swim...convenient. I had to edit a band aid out of these pictures!

Landry is a character. She is full of spunk. She loves her brother and he can make her laugh faster than anyone. She loves daddy and gets very excited when he comes home every day. If she is in her high chair and he fails to come kiss her, she will scream until he kindly remembers. She is still very much a Mama's girl. She prefers me holding her...all the time.

Landry is very in to details. I remember William being exactly the same way at this age. She will be in a room full of toys and immediately crawl to the one speck on the floor to investigate.

In this picture she paused from tearing up the junk mail to check out a spot on the door frame.Landry still loves to eat, but she is getting pickier and pickier by the day. Yesterday I put steamed carrots on her tray and by the time I turned back around she had dropped most of the carrots on the ground. I have learned to mix peach pieces with carrot pieces and she will accidentally eat some carrots. She loves fresh blueberries and will pick all the blueberries out first on her tray, even if they are mixed with other fruits and veggies. Her very favorite food is bananas. I think she would eat blueberries and bananas all day if I let her (and if we could afford all those fresh blueberries).

She also enjoys...freeze dried gerber yogurt, yobaby yogurt, chicken or beef (cut into tiny pieces), bread, tortillas, black beans, apple sauce, strawberries, shredded apples, cheese, cooked spinach and mandarin oranges. She will pretty much eat anything that comes from our plates, but getting her to consume most veggies is getting harder and harder. She still very much prefers to feed herself and will even take things off the spoon or fork to check them out before eating. This makes pureed food very messy and frustrating to feed.Landry also eats everything she finds on the floor. If she is crawling and something sticks to her had (i.e. an old cheerio) she will pause and eat it without ever stopping to see what she is about to eat. She also comes after the dust pan pile when I am sweeping. She knows that lots of food ends up in that dustpan when I am cleaning up after her and she is always trying to grab a little snack (even when it is the meal she just finished).Landry likes to talk about everything. We can't really tell what she is saying, but she is getting better and better at a few words. 'Dada' and 'Bubba' are still her best, but if she gets desperate for my attention, she has busted out the occasional 'Mommy.' She has also started to say, "Hi" while she waves, but it is more like a high pitched and extended, "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii." She likes to wave with both hands. On Cinco de Mayo we took a river boat ride at the Riverwalk. Landry sat in my lap at the front of the boat and waved to all the passing boats. Everyone waved back.

She has also started to clap and dance. Her favorite show is Yo Gabba Gabba. She claps when I turn it on and dances to all the music. She even bobs up and down when I sing to her which is shocking to me since nothing that comes out of my mouth is remotely music, but she is sweet to her mommy.
She is getting very big. I think she is about 22 pounds, but she may be more at this point. She is wearing 12 to 18 month old clothes and can easily wear 18 to 24 month old shorts, stretchy pants and t-shirts. I feel like her feet have really caught up this month. She was in the tiniest shoes forever and now she is suddenly wearing size four. I think she skipped two and almost missed size three.
Landry is standing on her own every now and then. Mainly she surfs along furniture and tables. Nothing is safe. She gets to our food, drinks, snacks, books, and electronics.
Speaking of books, Landry loves to read books. Her favorite are the ones with kittens. I thought it had to be a fluke, but after a few weeks of paying close attention, I have definitely noticed that she always smiles, touches, and stays the longest on the pages with pictures of kittens and those are the books she goes back to over and over.
I hope I covered everything about this amazing bundle of joy!
We are so blessed to live with this sweet baby girl who is always smiling and making our days a lot brighter!

1 comments:

Aunt Debby said...

love how she's trying to eat Will's fingers on the boat ride picture! She just gets prettier and prettier.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order