Monday, March 8, 2010

8 Months Old

Today Landry is 8 Months old!
She had a fever all weekend that I thought was gone this morning. Around noon the fever reappeared and was awful. I couldn't get through to the doctor's office so I just walked in to the waiting room with a limp, red, whimpering baby. The immediately took us back where we found out her fever was 103.6. They gave her motrin and started tests to figure out what was going on. She tested negative for flu, strep, urinary infection, pneumonia, and all the other usual suspects. Her blood tests came back and showed that her white blood cell count was off which means it is probably something viral. The doc is guessing that it is roseola. If that is true, we have a few more days of fever and then a nasty looking rash in our future, but there is nothing we can do except keep the fever under control.
That all has nothing to do with her turning eight months old, but it is how we spent her 8 month old birthday!
Landry weighs 21 pounds and is 27 1/2 inches long.
Here she is eating a homemade biter biscuit. She loves them and I packed them full of healthy stuff, so they are way better than the empty calories of the gerber biscuits.
Landry loves her big brother and wants to do everything he does. She has started imitating his movements and it is adorable.
This month Landry started crawling, pulling up to the standing position, signing for more, and babbling more than ever. I swear that she is saying MaMa, but we will give her a few more times before I declare it her first word. You can ask where daddy, bubba, or mama is and she will look at the right person. She is also starting to try to wave at people.
Landry and her boys.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Your kiddos are precious! I love hearing about their personalities. Hey, do you have a place that you get your "baby food" recipes or do you just make it up as you go?

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order