This morning while I was getting William dressed for his pajama party at school he asked when Landry would get to go to school (because he was so absurdly excited about his party). I told him that she could go when she could walk and talk. He responded that there is a baby class at school and that the teachers would carry her. I didn't want him to think that I didn't want him home and I did want her home so I explained that if someone was mean to Landry she couldn't tell me about it like he could so she needed to stay with Mommy. He then informed me that if anyone hit his sister, he would punch them in the stomach and then he acted out the other person falling to the floor and writhing in pain.
So I know that the p.c. response would have been, "Honey, we don't solve problems by hitting, we use words." Want to know what I actually said? I nodded and said, "Yep." It has now been over twelve hours and I am still dwelling on the correct response to that. I tend to think we are sissifying boys today with political correctness and blurred gender identity, but I don't want to raise a bully either. Honestly, if someone hit Landry and William hit them back, I wouldn't punish him and I would probably be secretly proud.
So, right answer? Wrong answer? Do you have a better answer?
10 months ago







4 comments:
ya you are allowed to hit someone if they even say something mean to your sister.
I say great answer!
I got a comment out of Taylor!!
The law recognizes adults right, and even responsibility to use appropriate force in self defense or the defense of another innocent. I think William's response to the hypothetical situation was appropriate (especially for a big brother) and I think your reply was appropriate.
Jessi is right. You should be openly proud.
And by the way, William is too sweet and too well adjusted to be a bully.
Post a Comment