Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One Month

Landry is one month old and I am already late posting!!
I took her to the doctor today and found out that she is 11.4 pounds and 22 inches long. She is growing like a weed and everything looks great!
I don't have any pictures right now and it is finals time, so give me 'til next week and I promise a big post full of pictures.
Here is my rant for the day...
I wear Landry 99% of the time when we are out of the house. She is either in a sling or the Baby Bjorn (which she seems to prefer). For some reason, the fact that I don't carry her in a carseat or own a carrier carseat (yes I use a carseat, just not the kind that comes out of your car) seems to invite everyone over to provide their unsolicited comments and advice. The perk is that no one touches her because she is on my chest, but they will peek in the sling or comment on her being cozy. I constantly hear loud whispers of, "There is a baby in there!" A few people have felt the need to come tell me that they don't think she is comfortable. A few others have commented that she is the tiniest baby they have ever seen. I then tell them in my sweetest and least condescending voice possible that she spent nine months in my womb and is pretty comfortable being all curled up (hence the reason she is peacefully sleeping and sighing) AND I tell them that she is actually pretty big. I theorize that because she is not attached to a giant stroller or carseat, she looks small. The other comments are probably because we live in a town full of retirees that aren't accustomed to babies in fabric on their mommy's tummy. I'm not sure why this irritates me, but shopping is already not the easiest task on earth and stopping every five feet gets a little old. I really appreciate the people that are sweet, but really get tired of the ones that are a little ruder.
Okay, I already feel better. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!
:o)

1 comments:

Aunt Debby said...

You should, very seriously, tell them that while she is too young to talk she knows sign language and has told you by signing that she loves the sling!
Just kidding, I'm sure they mean well..... so it's good you can rant on here.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order